Open positions at Profium
Profium helps its customers to control their complex information assets.
Profium's semantic software products allow enterprises, mobile operators, media properties and public sector organizations to model and manage their information assets in ways that makes them more competitive and productive in increasing competition.
This modeling approach is based on declarative ontologies and rules while the management part is based on a mix of semantic web and java 7 technologies.
Profium is continuously welcoming applications from top talents to keep the company on the growth path.
We would like to have you work with us either at our Espoo or Mikkeli office in Finland. Your role will be to participate in software development projects, which are related either with roadmap development of Profium's own software products or with features needed to implement those products for our customers.
Your main responsibilities are to design and implement software according to formal requirement specifications in cooperation with company management. In addition you will document the software.
You will also have responsibilities in prompt and professional tracking of issue reports. This means you have competences not only in creating new software, but being able to fix and refactor existing Java code.
In order to be successful in this job you should have professional experience in the following areas:
- distributed systems, concurrency and information networks
- good communication skills in written and spoken English and optionally in Finnish
- ability to advice other employees
- ability to work in a team
We expect professional experience with the following techniques:
- Java programming in J2EE environment
- Eclipse based (or similar) development environment
- Unit tests, automated builds (e.g. ant), SVN based version control, CI tools and procedures
- Debugging and profiling tools in J2EE environment
- Iterative and waterfall based development methodologies
Profium welcomes applications to fill the positions as soon as possible.
Please address your application by email to: careers at profium dot com with a title 'Software engineer'.